–The Roaring 20s–
Klyde Warren Park will host its annual “Hearts in the Park” Valentine’s Day event on Saturday, Feb. 13. Join us for a costume-themed, “roaring” good time filled with music, crafts, dancing, trivia and sweet treats from 3-6 p.m. Following the afternoon’s family-friendly festivities, grab a blanket and stick around for a special screening of “The Great Gatsby” (2013) under the stars, starting at 6:30 p.m. The event also signifies the start of Klyde Warren Park’s annual “i heart the park” fundraising campaign, which raises money to support the Park’s free programming year-round.
3-6 p.m.: Family Fun
- #CignaKlydeWarrenPark Photo Booth: Show off how you stay healthy with Cigna’s photo booth! There will be a dry erase Polaroid frame where people can write how they plan to stay healthy in 2016.
- Caricature Drawings: Sit back, relax and enjoy a good laugh with caricature drawings brought to you by CBS 11.
- Valentine’s Day Crafts: Get creative and make your own flapper headbands, hats, mustaches and more.
- Dance Lessons and Live Music: Learn the Charleston, the Cake Walk, the Black Bottom, and Flea Hop while the Spenser Liszt Band and the Disciples play tunes from the era.
- Smooch a Pooch: Puppy “kissing booth,” adoptions, photo opportunities and more, hosted White Rock Dog Rescue.
- Wellness Activities Sponsored by Cigna: Test your wellness knowledge with Cigna’s activities including Plinko and an Activity Wheel.
6-6:30 p.m.: Trivia and Costume Contest
- Test your knowledge of 1920’s trivia and come in your 1920’s best for a costume contest emceed by CBS 11’s Lisa Villegas. The best dressed park patron will win dinner for four at Savor.
6:30-9 p.m.: Movie Night“The Great Gatsby” Screening:
- Snuggle up with your sweetheart for a special showing of “The Great Gatsby” (2013) on the Great Lawn under the stars.
The “Hearts in the Park” table will be set up all day to accept donations. Your contributions support all our free programing – offered year round for the benefit of the public. You can find out more about what we do here: www.iheartthepark.com