VP of Business Affairs Job Opening!
by Annie Black
Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Business Affairs is responsible for managing all aspects of business development, commercial events, marketing, sponsorships, and public relations. More specific responsibilities include:
- Directly managing events, marketing and communications staff
- Staffing the events, marketing and communication teams for fall 2012 park opening and daily operations afterwards
- Producing department budgets, managing effectively ithin those budgets, and reporting accurately on progress made and challenges encountered. Klyde Warren Park, through the Woodall Rodgers Park Foundation, is intended to become a self-funding entity
- Soliciting and evaluating event proposals – private, corporate, concerts etc.
- Negotiating with event producers on venue fees toward maximizing revenue for WRPF in the long term
- Shaping events and event mix to provide the maximum benefit to the public, best visitor experience, and revenue production
- Soliciting and evaluating sponsorship proposals for park elements and programs
- Fulfilling WRPF sponsorship attribution and activation obligations
- Building and managing relationships with neighboring institutions and businesses, and others in the DFW area, toward a long-term strategy of growing the number of visitors to Klyde Warren Park
- Coordinating with the operating staff on event management
- Producing press releases and other external, written communication (such as newsletters, pamphlets, brochures, and park signage), directing and managing public relations staff and consultants, when necessary
- Working with print, broadcast, and digital media outlets with regards to media sponsorships and advertising
- Developing and updating a social media campaign and first class website
- With the President, reporting to the Board of Trustees on revenue generation and marketing, and advising the board on related decisions.
The ideal candidate will hold an M.B.A. or equivalent graduate degree and 5 years’ experience in a relevant field or have a four year degree with a minimum of 10 years of managerial experience in business development, marketing, or event management. The ideal candidate will
- Communicate effectively
- Have very strong writing abilities
- Have tangible examples of growing revenue in past positions
- Understand and have experience in the corporate sponsorship market
- Be familiar with the current trends in branding and experiential marketing
- Demonstrate integrity, strive for excellence in her/his work, and have experience of leading others to new levels of effectiveness
- Be passionate about the mission of the Woodall Rodgers Park Foundation, and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission, and values of the Woodall Rodgers Park Foundation to external and internal stakeholders.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, with a competitive base salary, and health, vacation, and 401k retirement benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com