Reminder: Students need to bring their own yoga/workout mat.
We’re excited to announce that we are reintroducing free programming to the Park! While you’ve been safe at home, we’ve been busy working on a plan to also keep you safe in Klyde Warren Park. We have made some changes to the in-Park experience to protect you, your fellow classmates and the staff—please see below!
Klyde Warren Park will resume select weekend fitness programs beginning Sunday, March 21. Please check klydewarrenpark.org for the most up-to-date schedule and any additional announcements.
Click here for all Klyde Warren Park COVID-19 updates.
Please read the new health and safety guidelines below so that you know what to expect before your first class back.
• Class size is limited. Classes will continue to be free, but we are requiring guests to register on Eventbrite, with availability on a first-come, first-served basis.
• When you arrive for class, there will be a check-in table to make sure you have registered.
• When you sign up through Eventbrite, you will be asked to complete a checklist to identify symptoms outlined by the CDC before you may participate.
• To continue social distancing, we have placed cones to designate where to stand (each space is 12 ft. apart).
• Due to health and safety concerns, the Park’s water fountains will NOT be on. Please be prepared to bring water, as the food trucks may not have opened for the day.
• Restrooms on The Porch will be open and cleaned frequently throughout the day.
• Class duration has been altered to include additional cleaning and disinfecting procedures and to help with transition time to the next class. Classes will be a maximum of 45 minutes.
• In the event of inclement weather, all participants will be notified of class cancellation through Eventbrite and via the Park website.
• Klyde Warren Park is cleaned continuously with hospital-grade disinfectant that meets or exceeds the recommendations of the CDC, and multiple hand sanitizer stations will be made available.
• We ask that you please not visit Klyde Warren Park if you are showing any signs of illness.
Eventbrite registrations are available on each individual program/class page at klydewarrenpark.org. Once the class spaces have been filled, no more participants will be able to join the class. Please plan to show up if you register, or you will take the spot of someone else who could have attended. Let’s all help each other!
Thanks for your patience, and we’ll see you in the Park!
Join a Dallas Yoga Center (DYC) mindfulness expert on Saturdays from 11 to 11:30 to experience mindfulness meditation. Practices will include sitting meditation, breathing techniques and mindful movement.
Benefits of mindfulness meditation:
~ Relax and handle stress with greater ease. ~ Feel more present, aware and focused. ~ Decrease physical and psychological suffering. ~ Strengthen your connection with yourself and others. ~ Cope with chronic pain. ~ Be compassionate, patient, present and aware.
All levels welcome; previous background is not needed to begin.
Comfortable clothes suggested.
DYC has a nationally recognized mindfulness certification training program and offers classes and workshops taught by highly trained teachers. DYC won D-Magazine’s best of Dallas two of the last four years and won Dallas Observer and Park Cities People best of 2018. Since 1989, Dallas Yoga Center's mission has been to educate, enrich and inspire the community to lead more mindful, meaningful and healthier lives. Learn more at DallasYogaCenter.com.