Klyde Warren Park Unveils Programming, Announces First Partnerships
DALLAS (July 30, 2012) – The Woodall Rodgers Park Foundation announced today the first programming partners who will bring music, fitness, education, games and art into the park. With the help of these partnerships, the park will maintain a constant stream of free daily activities open to the public complemented by signature special events.
"Our robust programming schedule will create an energetic place where people can enjoy a wide selection of free activities provided by our extraordinary programming partners," said Mark Banta, president of Klyde Warren Park. "We'll have everything from yoga, Tai Chi and book clubs to chess, guest lectures and live performances from our Arts District neighbors. There will be a little bit of something for everyone."
“The key to creating vibrant urban parks is to fill them with programming that attracts people who live, work and visit nearby,” said Dan Biederman, whose company Biederman Redevelopment Ventures has worked with the park team to develop programming relationships. “We are delighted to be working with all these institutions for Klyde Warren Park, and we will continue to seek other partners to provide programming that will make the park a go-to destination in downtown Dallas.”
Listed in alphabetical order are the programming partners and activities they will provide for the park:
- The American Federation of Musicians will provide music performances.
- Andrew Odell Fitness will host boot camp classes.
- Bikram Yoga Dallas will offer yoga classes.
- Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts will provide entertainment with student performances.
- Crow Collection of Asian Art will provide Tai chi and museum programming.
- Dallas Black Dance Theater will offer dance performances.
- Dallas Center for Architecture/AIA Dallas will provide architectural programming such as architectural talks in the Reading Room.
- Dallas Children’s Theater will offer creative dramatics workshops for children.
- Dallas Film Society will host outdoor movie screenings and educational film talks.
- Dallas Museum of Art will offer art and museum programming.
- Dallas Opera will provide opera performances.
- Dallas Pétanque Club will organize pétanque games.
- Dallas Public Library and the University of North Texas will furnish the outdoor lending library and host literary programs.
- Dallas Regional Chamber will organize lectures and leadership events.
- Dallas Storytelling Guild will host master storytelling sessions.
- The Dallas Symphony Orchestra will perform symphony concerts.
- Dallas Video Fest will display films and host film talks.
- Dallas Yoga Center will offer Yoga classes.
- Fido’s Finest Dog Training will offer dog training classes.
- Marlene Stern will coordinate Mah Jongg games.
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science will provide activity tables and science programming.
- The Shabby Sheep will host knitting classes/circles.
- Southern Methodist University’s Meadows School of the Arts students will perform concerts.
- The Southwest Greens will provide a putting green.
- Studio 22 will host ballroom dancing classes.
- The Texas Ballet Theater will put on ballet performances.
- Uptown Jazz Dallas will present live jazz in the park.
- The University of Texas at Dallas will organize chess events.
- The YMCA will provide fitness and recreational programs, such as badminton, croquet, a ping pong league, Zumba and self-defense classes.
Klyde Warren Park will host a free, open-to-the-public grand opening weekend on Saturday, Oct. 27 and Sunday, Oct. 28.
# # #
About Klyde Warren Park
Klyde Warren Park will serve as a central gathering space for Dallas and its visitors to enjoy in the heart of the city. The 5.2-acre park will create an urban green space over the existing Woodall Rodgers Freeway between Pearl and St. Paul Streets in downtown Dallas. Plans include a performance stage, restaurant, shaded walking paths, a dog park, a children’s garden, great lawn, water features, an area for games and much more. For more information on the park, please visit KlydeWarrenPark.com.
About Biederman Redevelopment Ventures (BRV Corp.)
Biederman Redevelopment Ventures Corporation is the private consulting firm of Daniel A. Biederman, co-founder of the Bryant Park Corporation and 34th Street Partnership, and creator of the largest complex of private urban redevelopment projects in the United States. Additional information is at BRVCorp.com.