5 Tips for Grand Opening
1. Plan ahead. There will be road closures, so plan your trip in advance! We advise everyone to check the map (below) for closures and arrive early to avoid traffic. During grand opening weekend, parking will be available in surrounding garages and surface lots near the Park. Parking rates will begin at $5 for the entire day.
2. Take the DART or Trolley. We’re expecting a large crowd, so we encourage you to use an alternate method of transportation to get here during grand opening (or any day!). There are two DART rail stops close to the Park: St. Paul station and the Arts District Pearl station (NOTE: the Arts District Pearl station will be providing extra service this weekend). The closest McKinney Avenue Trolley stop is at St. Paul and Woodall Rodgers, across from the Dallas Museum of Art.
3. Travel light. Just bring yourself! There will be bag checks (firearms, chairs, food and alcohol are not permitted during grand opening). Food and beverages will be available for purchase at the Park.
4. Enjoy 50+ Free Activities on Saturday and Sunday! From yoga, croquet and painting, to music festivals, children’s activities and movie night, grand opening weekend will be fun for everyone. For a full schedule of activities, please visit http://www.klydewarrenpark.org/Grand-Opening/index.html
5. On Saturday night, everyone needs a wristband. The Concert for Dallas, which begins at 7 p.m., is a ticketed event. Adults and children attending the concert must have a wristband or they will not be allowed in.