VP of Operations Job Opening!
by Annie Black
Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Operations is responsible for managing all aspects of four departments: sanitation, security, horticulture, and capital maintenance. More specific responsibilities include:
- Directly managing sanitation, security, horticultural, and maintenance supervisors to make sure Klyde Warren Park is exceptionally clean, safe, and well-manicured, with systems (including electrical, mechanical, and plumbing) in good working order at all times while open to the public
- Staffing the sanitation, security, horticulture, and maintenance departments for fall 2012 park opening and afterward
- Managing department schedules
- Producing department budgets, managing effectively within those budgets, and reporting accurately on progress made and challenges encountered
- Identifying and tracking needs for equipment and supplies, and procuring them with the Director of Finance<
- Creating and implementing short, medium, and long-term plans for capital maintenance and horticulture
- Identifying, negotiating with, and managing specialized contractors and vendors for any construction and maintenance work
- Working with the events and programming staffs to provide support for their activities
- With the President, reporting to the Board of Trustees on park operations and advising the board on operational decisions./li>
The qualified candidate will hold a B.A. or B.S. in a relevant field, though candidates with master’s degrees are preferred, and have 10 years of experience in business operations or property/grounds management, at least 5 of those in a managerial position. The ideal candidate will
- Communicate effectively, in writing and orally
- Have tangible examples of reporting, operations measurement, and evaluation in his or her most recent position
- Demonstrate integrity, strive for excellence in her/his work, and have experience of leading others to new levels of effectiveness
- Be passionate about the mission of the Woodall Rodgers Park Foundation, and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission, and values of the Woodall Rodgers Park Foundation to external and internal stakeholders.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience, with a competitive base salary, and health, vacation, and 401K retirement benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com